Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Love Jesus Better Than Ice Cream

So, I was teaching this song to the kids and we were happily singing it. Then I thought I should explain what the song was all about.

Me: We love Jesus eeeven MORE than we love ice cream! And! Even when we're bad, and even when we are disobedient, Jesus loves US more than ice cream! Can you believe it! (yes, I was talking in exclamation points and all caps at times... ah, life with toddlers...)

Me: And... you know what? Mami loves you more than ice cream. Even when we have a bad day and you have trouble obeying, I will always love you more than ice cream. And that's a lot!

Cue swelling violin music, as I gaze lovingly on my little charges. A tear comes to my eye as I congratulate myself on loving them so much and teaching them so many wonderful things...

Josie (with an impish grin): Mami, I'm pretty sure I will ALWAYS love ice cream more than you!



Yeah, thanks, kid. Now go to bed.

4 comments:

Beth Hanna said...

Very sweet little girl! I'm sure she's wrong though. HOW could she love ice cream more than Mami??

Alan & Beth McManus said...

well...has she tasted Oberweis ice cream? that IS pretty good, you know.

hee-hee!

K & E said...

Blue Bell is the way to go!!
i would even suggest renaming the song, "i love Jesus better than BlueBell"

Alan & Beth McManus said...

BlueBell?!? You live 30 minutes from an Oberweis store and you pick BlahBell? C'mon...Apple Strudel (my fave), Chocolate Mint (Bethie's fave) and ANY of the milkshakes at Ober are unbeatable. Hands and straws down. (now...if price is part of the equation...that might be a different contest)...but that's OK if we disagree...you're allowed to be wrong! ha-ha!