Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Post Thanksgiving

 
After Thanksgiving I had a wedding to do for Tia Esme's cousin.   The great thing about doing flowers at home is that everyone can get in on the fun.



While most of the flowers were fresh we did have four little junior bridesmaid pomanders to make out of silk flowers.  Tia Esme took care of those for me, and it was a huge help!
I made bouttonnieres and corsages while she glued petals to little styrofoam balls.  
The girls made their own pomanders, and they turned out pretty good!




Another perk to making flowers at home is leftovers!  Elia especially loves making bouquets and corsages out of my left over flowers.  (and a few not so left over flowers...)


Here she is making a bouttonnierre for Papi to wear to church.  She is getting quite good at wiring and taping.  She has a good amount of patience for the details and work involved in constructing corsages and so on.  

Believe it or not, this bout. stayed together for a full week!  

I don't know about you, but those are a lot of flowers for a man to wear.  Papi was a good sport though, and did indeed wear his flowers to church.  He can't help but make his little girls happy.









2 comments:

clairesd said...

what a sport, that Papi! I am very impressed. I admit that as I read the first part, I just assumed he wouldn't. What a guy, though!

Kim said...

Hey we have a blog now it is

Called Loud love!

Just type down http://kimallem.blogspot.com/

Kim