Thursday, October 15, 2009

Soup

We had some produce wilting in the fridge from last Saturday's market and I had some lunch that needed to be made - so we had soup.

I don't have a picture, but this soup was fantastic. You lucky people get the recipe.


Good Soup

chopped garlic
chopped onion
2 zucchinni
@ 6 ears of corn
water
chicken bullion
salt/pepper
oregano
heavy cream
chipotle chile en adobo

Saute the garlic and onion lightly in olive oil. Get it nice and mellow. Chop the zucchini into bite size pieces, add to the pot. Cut the corn off the cobs - add to the pot. Add water and chicken bullion to taste. Add s/p and oregano to taste. Cook until the zucchini is soft.

At this point I gave it a couple whirls with my immersion blender, to bring out the creaminess in the corn. Corn was not creamy enough, so I added a little heavy cream, and just cause I can't cook without something spicy a whole chipotle en adobo. Oh, so good.

Three out of four kids deemed this soup "the best soup ever". One kid -henceforth to be called "weeny" - said it was too pica.

Buen Provecho!

2 comments:

Beth Hanna said...

Sounds yummy. Kim made a bean/chicken/tomato/whatever soup and it was also very yummy!

Anonymous said...

OOH, OOH!
I love creamy soups but one daughter can't do dairy right now, I can blend up some corn! You're great, thanks.