Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Poetry Wednesday, Vol. 66

Let the re-arranging begin.



It has been beautiful weather, the boys have spent the morning helping Grandpa winterize the yard.
The girls do school (a little) and we run errands and go to our classes.



Oh, and we redecorate.
I know Grandma always dreamed of having Ariel and her sisters perched in her fall village trees.



The kids and I have been going through an old book of poetry, Piper, Pipe that Song Again, and we have found them quite enjoyable. There are silly, thoughtful, fun and deep poems, all waiting for us to enjoy.
Today, and yesterday, and I hope tomorrow have been such beautiful Indian Summer days, that this poem came to mind more than once. Tomorrow we have co-op, but I believe we will take the rest of the week off!





I Meant to Do My Work Today
Richard LeGallienne

I meant to do my work to-day-
But a brown bird sang in the apple-tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land.
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand-
So what could I do but laugh and go?






Enjoy the beautiful days, friends!





Posted by Picasa



5 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds wonderful, Kris! Thanks again for keeping Poetry Wednesday going!

Beth said...

The days have been so wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration to get out and enjoy them. Love, to you.

Molly Sabourin said...

Adorable. That poem is adorable. Yes, get out and enjoy this amazing weather!!

Michelle said...

that is THE perfect poem for this week! You get the prize. :)

Reality will hit this weekend, I hear. Meanwhile, I'm chasing my chil'ens outside as much as possible.

~Michelle

Beth Hanna said...

I WOULD have spent more time outdoors today, but instead spent it IN THE AIR! Yes, it was a beautiful day - in El Paso, then in Dallas, then in Queretaro and now at home!