Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Poetry Wednesday, Vol. 77

The Mad Farmer's Love Song
Wendell Berry

O when the world's at peace
and every man is free
then will I go down unto my love.

O and I may go down
several times before that.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Yes, it is a blizzard outside. The snow is cold, deep and keeps on falling. But it is also February, the month of luv. So in honor of February I will be posting love poetry. Love lost, love won, love of fellow man and of God. Really just about any poem can be squeezed into the category of love.

I don't want to get too, too personal, but would like to share with you one of our favorite love poems. Listen, but be careful! The dangerous mix of blizzards and poetry have been known to lead to other things. You've been warned.


















5 comments:

Michelle said...

Love poems - looking forward to reading/hearing more of them!

And love poems and blizzards are a dangerous combination - especially with movies for the kids... ;)

Enjoy your snow day,
~Michelle

Beth said...

Love the Wendell Berry and especially the Johnny Cash. Great picture of the two of them. Enjoy the day. We are about to partake of the promised hot cocoa.

PS Elliot ran down when he heard the song playing and stated that Johnny Cash's hair "looks like Troy's."

Molly Sabourin said...

Cash and Berry all in one post?! Fab-u-lous!! Bring on the love, Kris!

I so enjoyed all your photos, by the way. That white sand is unbelievable...and that new baby? Don't even get me started on how cute he is! Stay warm over there! The kids have been sledding most of the day at coffee creek Park, except for Mary who is sleeping on my shoulder with a fever.

I hope to see you soon!

Catherine said...

Awesome!

William is *jealous* (of your blizzard)!!

Beth Hanna said...

For some reason I can't get the video to play here at home. It would have worked at the office, but I was too busy to take time for it! Tomorrow, I guess! I have always loved Johhny Cash - even if he is sometimes depressing!