Sunday, March 2, 2008

How We Cook

I have a lot of help when I cook. Everybody has a job. Deli makes sure the faucet is turned on occasionally - for hand washing, of course! - he also makes sure the hand soap is never too far from his mouth, mmm tasty!

Mikey's job is to keep track of all my wood and metal utensils. He lays them out on the counter and hands me all the items I might need. Making cookies, mama? Hows about a meat pounder? No? Maybe a whisk? Wooden spoon? Here, take two!

The girls pull up chairs or stools and direct things. They do a lot of taste testing. Baking soda tastes good, flour tastes good, butter tastes Really good. Ginger is too hot and sugar should be eaten by the handful.

Both girls help measure and pour. Sometimes we pour a little for the floor and the counter and the various mouths, but usually all the ingredients make it into the meal.




So if you come by my house unexpectedly, please forgive the mess on the floor. I've had a lot of help. And besides, if I clean it up what will Del do for an afternoon snack?


No comments: