Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for



Yogurt?



We have recently started buying milk from a local farmer and have been so excited with all the wonderful things you can make with it. Of course, you can make things with milk from the store - but somehow milk straight from the farmer is more exotic and fun.

I have made mozzarella cheese (fantastic), pancakes and bread with the leftover whey from cheese making (wonderful), and inspired by Catherine's post, I have now made yogurt (really, really good). This yogurt tastes like the crema on fresas con crema. Good.

I guess the next logical step in our dairy experience was popsicles. Logically.


I took yogurt, honey and some frozen Goya fruit pulp and blended it all up.
Froze it, and we now have popsicles in blackberry and mango!
The kids have declared them yummy - although next time they need more honey.



Note: I was inspired by Catherine, but do not have a heating pad, so made the yogurt recipe from A Year of Crockpotting.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth Hanna said...

Wow! So cool! And they look yummy!

Martha said...

We started getting raw milk from a farmer recently, too...love it! I've experimented with making mozarella, ricotta, cream cheese, and a really simple lemon cheese. We love homemade yogurt, too. I will have to try to make popsicles like you did with it!!!

Catherine said...

Wow, now I'm inspired! Did the Goya fruit pulp have sugar in it?