Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poetry Wednesday, Vol. 31

Love comes in so many different forms that I had difficulty this month choosing poems. It seems each Wednesday rolls around and I choose romantic love over any other kind. I suppose it is February after all... So once again I have chosen a poem about romantic love, but I think also about the duty romantic love brings.



I Stop Writing the Poem

Tess Gallagher

to fold the clothes. No matter who lives
or who dies, I'm still a woman.
I'll always have plenty to do.
I bring the arms of his shirt
together. Nothing can stop
our tenderness. I'll get back
to the poem. I'll get back to being
a woman. But for now
there's a shirt, a giant shirt
in my hands, and somewhere a small girl
standing next to her mother
watching to see how it's done.


Edit:: I don't know what happened with Mr. Linky this week, I think I have fixed it. If your link has been erased, or you know of someone's who has, please, please link again! I love all the different poems each week.






4 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

I love it, Kris! This poem goes so well with my choice for this week! You've had some really great picks lately. Thank you!

A M B E R said...

This is such a beautiful poem! So simple, elegant, and gentle.

I love it!

Jennifer said...

I thought about this one this week, too! I'm going to stay out of Good Poems for awhile! :-)

Excellent choice.

Kris Livovich said...

Jennifer, Good Poems has been my go-to for quite a few weeks now. I'm going to try for something different - so I guess you are allowed to use it now!

Also, I had trouble getting your link to work, has anyone else been able to use it?