Sunday, May 30, 2010

On Wednesday we, along with Aunt Annie and Grandpa, went to Connor Prairie for another field trip.
Connor Prairie is an "interactive history park", based in the early 1800's and it is fascinating.
If you would like to see how Laura and Mary lived in their little house on the prairie, just get yourself on down to the Noblesville area and visit Connor Prairie.

One of the big draws for us was the hot air balloon ride. Pretty cool.
I have never been on a hot air balloon, and while this balloon went up, then down, no shenanigans in between, it was more than we'd done before, and it was fun.




Some of us were more nervous than others.
I won't name any names or the husband might get mad at me.
Josie was not nervous, she was excited!



Elia was a little nervous, but she warmed up to it.
Mikey enjoyed the whole ride, I think Aunt Annie and Grandpa did too.
I know I did.


With a few simple safety instructions and a strange jerking motion as the balloon left it's moorings, we were off!
What an idea, to be riding 350 feet above the ground, the only thing between you and open air a little net.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so jealous! How exciting!!!

Molly Sabourin said...

You have so many fun posts and photos, Kris! I was just telling my mom about your balloon ride and Bison jerky. I really enjoyed these! You should write a travel guide for NW Indiana. : )

Beth Hanna said...

I probably would have joined that NERVOUS unnamed person! No, Molly, Kris should write a BOOK - an adventure book! Right?