Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What have we been up to?

What with El Paso, Valentine's Day and day to day life, there are quite a moments you have not seen.
And we can't let that happen!

First!
We dissected and owl pellet. It was cool. And I was grossed out more than I thought I would be.
Yes, that is our dining room table. Yes, they are using their fingers to dig through regurgitated owl food.
Yes, they loved every minute.
Yes, Mikey (the little boy) may have put his fingers in his mouth immediately after pulling a large clump of pellet apart.



We found what we believe to be the skull of a vole. Or other small rodent.
I don't know, I didn't touch it. Funny, the things that make you squeamish.
We cleaned all the bones off as best we could, placed them in a dish of water and set said dish right next to my soap dish on the kitchen sink. Causing me to almost dip the dish washing sponge into the bone water every single time I washed dishes, and then shudder and gag a little, for days on end, until I got wise and threw it all away. The kids don't know the bones are gone. And what they don't know won't hurt them.





We bought a teepee.



Which is perfect because Josie has moccasins and Mikey enjoys wearing loincloths.

No comments: