Thursday, March 3, 2011

More Cooking... blah, blah, blah

The boys are HUGE helpers in the kitchen. Huge.
Here Deli is helping me measure out the ingredients for bread and pouring them into the breakmaker basket. Don't worry, when the half stick of butter fell to the floor, it was not wasted. Lola made good use of it.



While the Del Monster cooks, the Mikey Monster washes dishes.
He's a great dishwasher.
He's also a great wall washer, and counter washer, and floor washer...



No, he's not wearing different different colored socks.
He's wearing different colored mittens.

Meanwhile, the eldest rolled her eyes,
declared herself boooored with the breadmaker,
and retired to do this:

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

I love the mitten socks. You could have an edge on a new market!

Beth Hanna said...

So typical - each one is his/her own person, huh? I laughed SO HARD at the mittens! Only Mikey!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love the mitten socks... totally something my kids would do.

Steph

Catherine said...

My kids put their socks on their hands and play mittens in winter (since we can only pretend) :).

I noticed your lovely wooden countertop around your sink. How is it standing up to the moisture? We put butcherblock in when we remodeled and it is a disaster, cracking and buckling and mildewing all around the faucet and sink rim. Yours looks great--tell me your secret!

Kris Livovich said...

Catherine, I'm not sure what our secret is, because when we put it in we expected the same. Maybe it helps that the counter is an old workbench we got at a garage sale, so it was pre-seasoned? I rub it down once a week or so with a heavy coat of mineral oil. I'd like to find something better than min.oil, but haven't so far. That's it!

Catherine said...

Wow! What a find--we have rubbed ours down with a wood treatment oil from IKEA but it has not been protective. Alas!